Brief History



Founded in 1902, the School of Geography (SOG) in Beijing Normal University has a history of nearly 110 years and it educated and trained a large number of outstanding talents. It stems from History and Geography of Normal Section in the Peking Imperial University (JING SHI DA XUE TANG) and was named as the Department of History and Geography in 1912. In 1928, the Department of Geography was established as a separate department. Since that time many famous scholars presided, taught in this department and played fundamental roles for national geography. Some of the esteemed scholars successively include: Jiarong XIE, Yufeng LIU, Guozhang HUANG, Yiya WANG, Baojun ZOU and Tingru ZHOU.

The Department of Geography was renamed as the Department of Resource and Environmental Science in 1993 and the School of Geography in 2003.





Copyright © 2011 Beijing Normal University. All rights Address of the School of Geography: Sheng-Di building at BNU, No. 19 Xin Jie Kou Wai Street, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China, 100875 Office Tel: 0086 -10-58807657 Fax: 0086 -10-58806955